Through the generous support of UC’s alumni community, the UC Alumni Association awards more than $100,000 each year to approximately 65 exceptional UC students. Current and incoming students are considered for four distinct scholarship opportunities, two of which benefit direct descendants of UC alumni.
The complete admission application (to include transcript and test scores) received by December 1 will serve as the Alumni Association scholarship application for the Christos P. Demakes Legacy Scholarship and the Regional Alumni Network Scholarship for incoming freshmen. Eligible students will be identified and invited to submit next steps for alumni award consideration.
Christos P. Demakes Legacy Scholarship
In honor of past UCAA Executive Director Christos Demakes. Eligibility requirements include:
- Incoming UC freshman
- Parent or grandparent attended UC and is a current Loyal Bearcat or William Howard Taft Society Donor.
- Complete admission application (including transcript and test scores) by December 1 to be considered
- Eligible students will be identified and invited to submit next steps for alumni award consideration.
Regional Alumni Network Scholarship
Awarded on behalf of UCAA’s 30-plus regional alumni networks to support local future Bearcats. Eligibility requirements include:
Kacher-Bloom Memorial Scholarship
In recognition and remembrance of former UC students Margaret "Meg" Kacher and Sheri An Bloom. In 1985, UC suffered the loss of both of these promising young women to untimely deaths. Eligibility requirements include:
- Current full-time junior at UC
- Excellence in academics
- Devotion to student activities and community service
- Strong sense of loyalty and commitment to the University of Cincinnati
UCAA Undergraduate Legacy Scholarship
Eligibility requirements include:
- Current full-time UC Freshman, Sophomore or Junior
- Parent or Grandparent attended UC and is a current Loyal Bearcat or William Howard Taft Society Donor.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
For additional details and to find out if you qualify for one of these opportunities, contact Sarah Dillon at 513-556-2078.