UC Homecoming: Alumni, Students to Enjoy Football and Pageantry on Campus
The Bearcats will play AAC conference rival East Carolina on Oct. 22 in Nippert Stadium
August 24, 2016
The University of Cincinnati is preparing its annual celebration of the Bearcats family when it stages the 2016 edition of Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 22.
More than 50,000 alumni, family and friends are expected to participate in this year’s Homecoming festivities, including about 40,000 at the football game between UC and East Carolina in historic Nippert Stadium. Culminating a week of largely student-driven Homecoming-related activities on multiple UC campuses, the weekend will find thousands of alumni at dozens of events reconnecting with their university and each other.
Homecoming features a variety of traditional festivities. Highlights include:
- The Homecoming Kickoff Party will be held on campus from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21. The event will be free for everyone in the UC family.
- The Bearcats Blitz indoor/outdoor pre-game event, hosted by the UC Alumni Association at the Myers Alumni Center, will officially begin four hours before kickoff.
- The traditional Homecoming parade will roll down Clifton Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive. Like the Bearcats Blitz, the parade will begin four hours prior to kickoff.
- The football team will pass through the Campus Green and Sigma Sigma Commons tailgating areas during its traditional CATWALK to Nippert Stadium, beginning two and a half hours before game time.
- The annual coronation of the Homecoming King and Queen will occur on the field at halftime.
- This year’s Homecoming theme is “Bearcat for President.” This timely theme will be primarily associated with student activities and the Homecoming parade.
- The football game has been designated this year’s Ring of Red game, with all Bearcats fans encouraged to wear red.
Kickoff time for the American Athletic Conference matchup between the Bearcats and Pirates is dictated by television and will be released in October, which will then set the full schedule of game day events accordingly.
Please visit the Homecoming website for more information as it becomes known.