UC Homecoming: Alumni and Football Team Return to Campus
The Bearcats will play conference rival Connecticut on Oct. 24 at the newly renovated Nippert Stadium.
August 18, 2015
The University of Cincinnati is preparing for one of its greatest celebrations in recent years when it stages the 2015 edition of Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 24.
This year, the term “Homecoming” carries a double literal meaning. Beyond the annual “coming home” by thousands of UC alumni looking to reconnect with their university and one another, this season the Bearcats football team and its fans are “coming home” to a newly renovated and expanded Nippert Stadium after spending last season in Paul Brown Stadium downtown. UC will face the University of Connecticut in an American Athletic Conference matchup.
More than just a single day, Homecoming includes a full week of activities involving students, alumni, staff and the surrounding community. Homecoming highlights:
- The Homecoming Kickoff Party will be held in the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 23.
- The Bearcats Blitz indoor/outdoor pre-game tailgate, hosted by the UC Alumni Association at the Myers Alumni Center, will start four hours before kickoff.
- The traditional Homecoming parade will roll down Clifton Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive. Like the Bearcats Blitz, the parade will begin four hours prior to kickoff.
- After a year’s hiatus, this football season marks the return of the football team’s traditional CATWALK through the tailgaters and pre-game partiers north of Nippert Stadium, beginning two and a half hours before game time.
- The annual coronation of the Homecoming King and Queen will occur on the field at halftime.
- The UC-UConn game time is dictated by television coverage and will be announced in October. It has been designated a Ring of Red game for UC fans.
Please visit the Homecoming website, for more information as it becomes known.