Village Life in Dordogne
May 25 to June 2, 2017
Activity Level: Moderately Active
From $3,695 plus air
Experience the provincial character of Dordogne for one full week in Sarlat-la-Canéda, one of the most beautiful and well-preserved medieval villages in France. Stay in the family-owned PLAZA MADELEINE HÔTEL, formerly a grand 19th-century townhouse. Discover the region’s charming villages, medieval castles and prehistoric treasures through specially arranged excursions and cultural enrichments, including the medieval pilgrimage site of Rocamadour and the fascinating prehistoric cave paintings of Rouffignac and Cap Blanc, all part of UNESCO’s World Heritage list;
the perfectly reproduced cave art in Lascaux IV; and the exclusive VILLAGE LIFE® FORUM with a local resident who will share candid insights into daily life in Dordogne. Bordeaux Pre-Program Option.
Click to view a brochure online with comprehensive trip details or contact us to receive a brochure in the mail. For more information, you may call our travel partner Thomas P. Gohanan & Company at 800-922-3088.
Ghent, Bruges, Antwerp, Maastricht, Kröller-Müller Museum, Kampen, Giethoorn, Hoorn, Amsterdam
- Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Day 2 - Bordeaux, France/Sarlat-la-Canéda
- Day 3 - Sarlat-la-Canéda
- Day 4 - Rocamadour/Souillac
- Day 5 - Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil/L’Abri du Cap-Blanc
- Day 6 - Lascaux IV/St-Amand-de-Coly
- Day 7 - Rouffignac/La Madeleine
- Day 8 - Beynac/Domme
- Day 9 - Sarlat-la-Canéda/Bordeaux/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Immerse yourself in the true character and traditions of the Dordogne region—including magnificent prehistoric art and villages.
- Unpack just once and stay in the family-owned PLAZA MADELEINE HÔTEL in the heart of Sarlat.
- Most meals—breakfast daily, three lunches and three dinners—are included. Two dinners are in specially selected, authentic French bistros in Sarlat.
- Complimentary wine is served with included dinners.
- Visit five of France’s UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Enriching educational lectures.
- Exclusive VILLAGE LIFE® FORUM featuring local residents.
- Marvel at the prehistoric cave art in the new International Center for Cave Art of Lascaux (Lascaux IV) and Rouffignac.
- Audio headset provided for each participant to enjoy clear narration from guides on all excursions.
- Two-night Bordeaux Pre-Program Option.
- Most popular Gohagan VILLAGE LIFE® program—sells out every year.