SOLD OUT - Scottish Isles and Norwegian Fjords
A Voyage from Glasgow to Copenhagen
Aboard the Exclusively Chartered Five-Star Small Ship M.S LE BORÉAL. Featuring the Jacobite Steam Train and Norway’s Flåm Railway and Guest Speaker Archaeologist Nick Card.
June 1 - 9, 2017
Activity Level: Moderately Active
From approximately $4,895 plus air
Join us for a unique, comprehensive, nine-day journey to Scotland’s rarely visited Orkney and Shetland Islands and Norway’s majestic fjords. Cruise from Glasgow, Scotland, to Copenhagen, Denmark, aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star M.S. LE BORÉAL. Travel in the wake of early Viking explorers, cruising into ports accessible only by small ship. Highlights include two of the world’s most scenic rail journeys—The Jacobite steam train through the Scottish Highlands and the Flåm Railway through Norway’s fjordlands. Enjoy a special presentation by a local archaeologist in the Heart of Neolithic Orkney and a tour of Bryggen in Bergen. Edinburgh/Glasgow Pre-Cruise and Copenhagen Post-Cruise Options.
Click to view a brochure online with comprehensive trip details or contact us to receive a brochure in the mail. For more information, you may call our travel partner Thomas P. Gohanan & Company at 800-922-3088.
Scottish Highlands, Norwegian Fjords, Hebridean Islands, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands
- Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Day 2 - Glasgow, Scotland/Embark M.S. LE BORÉAL
- Day 3 - Scottish Highlands/Oban/Fort William/The Jacobite steam train/Mallaig
- Day 4 - Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
- Day 5 - Lerwick, Shetland Islands, for prehistoric site of Jarlshof
- Day 6 - Cruising the Norwegian Fjords/Flåm Railway, Norway
- Day 7 - Bergen
- Day 8 - Cruising the North Sea
- Day 9 - Copenhagen, Denmark/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Uniquely designed, nine-day itinerary.
- Cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star small ship M.S. LE BORÉAL, calling at ports inaccessible to larger vessels.
- Two incredible, specially arranged rail journeys—The Jacobite steam train (Harry Potter’s Hogwarts™ Express) and Norway’s Flåm Railway, two of the world’s most scenic train rides.
- Explore Scotland’s fascinating and rarely visited Orkney and Shetland Islands.
- See the Orkney Islands’ Neolithic monuments—the Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Specially arranged lecture by Professor Nick Card, the director and head archaeologist at the Ness of Brodgar archaeological site.
- Experience the Shetland Islands’ 5000-year-old prehistoric site of Jarlshof.
- Enjoy ample time in picturesque Bergen and tour the Bryggen, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Cruise Norway’s spectacular Sognefjord.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise; all meals are included aboard the ship.
- Audio headset is provided for each participant to enjoy clear narration from guides on all excursions.
- Edinburgh/Glasgow Pre-Cruise Option and Copenhagen Post‑Cruise Option.
- Opportunity to combine this cruise with Celtic Lands (Honfleur to Glasgow) or Cruising the Baltic Sea (Copenhagen to Stockholm).