CCM Speaks: Alumni Showcase
Join us for our inaugural CCM Alumni Showcase!
CCM is a leader in the arts producing some of the best and brightest stars, scholars, and production artists in the industry. A new alumni-focused experience called CCM Speaks provides an opportunity to celebrate alumni, discuss contemporary issues, and find inspiration in how CCM graduates stretch the boundaries of what’s possible to drive the industry forward.
For our inaugural CCM Speaks, we are accepting proposals from alumni to share a pivotal project or moment in your career that challenged you to think outside the box, take action, and do something new. Each alumni presentation will be a 15-minutes and incorporate dynamic audio-visual elements. What have you done to shake up the industry? Innovate using AI? Address a hot topic through a groundbreaking performance? Interpret traditional research in a new way? This is your chance to share your story with the CCM community.
Proposals will be accepted through Feb. 12, 2024. All proposals will be reviewed and selected presenters will be contacted by late February 2024.
April 19, starting at 7 p.m. in Cohen Family Studio Theater at CCM. For alumni wanting to attend, registration will open in March 2024.
Four alumni will be selected to share their stories through 15-minute, TEDTalk-style presentations. Q&A with all alumni presenters will follow. The event will be held in-person in CCM’s Cohen Family Studio Theater on April 19, starting at 7 p.m. Each presentation will be recorded and released through CCM’s YouTube channel afterward.
No. The objective is to provide a forum for dynamic sharing of stories. The TEDTalk-style may serve as inspiration, but we will consider modified formats that stay within the allotted time.
Cohen Family Studio Theater will be equipped with microphones, a projector, and a piano to use during presentations. The theater seats around 60 and provides an intimate atmosphere.
- We will be looking for proposals that represent the range of majors and disciplines at CCM. Alumni from any year or major are encouraged to submit proposals.
- Proposals can include professional projects or personal experiences of any scope and subject matter but should demonstrate innovative thinking and outcomes.
- Proposals should clearly communicate the main point of the presentation.
- You will hear from CCM’s Alumni Program Director in late February confirming your participation.
- If you are traveling to Cincinnati, you’ll be responsible for your own travel and lodging arrangements. We will be providing a stipend of up to $750 to offset travel expenses.
- There will be a reception with the other alumni speakers.
- Depending on your interest, there may be other opportunities to connect with students, faculty and alumni on campus leading up to or following the event.
By sharing your story, you are giving back to the college and the greater creative community by creating a dialogue about the future of our industry. CCM appreciates your support!